If you smell gas
Steps to Follow:
- Put out smoking materials and other open flames.
- Do Not:
- Operate electric switches
- Light matches
- Use your phone
Any spark or flame in the area where propane gas is present may ignite the gas. This could include the spark in a light switch, telephone, appliance motor and even static electricity from walking around the room.
- Immediately get everyone out of the building, vehicle, RV trailer or area.
- Close all gas tank or cylinder supply valves.
- Do not re-enter the building, vehicle, RV trailer or area. Use your neighbor’s phone and call your trained service technician at Quality Propane and the local fire department. Even though you may not continue to smell gas, do not turn on the gas again.
- Let the service technician and firefighters check for propane gas leaks. Have them air out the area before you return.
- Have the Quality Propane service technician repair the leak, then check and relight all of your propane gas appliances for you.
How To Close Gas Supply Valves
Always remember when shutting off the gas supply valve to turn the valve to the right.